- In Into the Wild Brightkit is born to Frostfur along with her brothers and sister, Cinderkit, Brackenkit, and Thornkit, although their names aren't mentioned.
- She and her brothers and sister go missing and everyone thinks Yellowfang had stolen them.
- The real culprit is actually Clawface, who also killed Spottedleaf.
- A group of ShadowClan cats along with a patrol of ThunderClan cats rescues the four kits from the SadowClan camp.
- In Fire and Ice two of her siblings, Brackenpaw and Cinderpaw, are made apprentices.
- It is unknown why Thornkit and Brightkit were not made apprentices and their siblings were.
- In Forest of Secrets Brightkit becomes an apprentice, Brightpaw, along with her brother Thornpaw.
- Brightkit is calm during her ceremony, but her wiskers are shown twitching with exciment when she recieves her mentor.
- Whitestorm becomes Brightpaw's mentor.
- Sandstorm mentions that Brightpaw and Thornpaw went out hunting with their mentors.
- When Fireheart is temporarily demoted to an apprentice she and Thornpaw stare at Firestar when he enters the apprentice den as if they don't believe what the are seeing.
- She is seen wrestling with Thornpaw after the Clan recovers from the shock of Graystripe's kits.
- In Rising Storm Fireheart thinks she is hunting well.
- He asks her if she took her catch to the elders and she assures him she did, hoping it was the right thing.
- When Bluestar asks Fireheart where Whitestorm is Fireheart tells her he is out training Brightpaw.
- Since Bluestar made Cloudtail a warrior which, in the eyes of Brightpaw and Swiftpaw, was unfair to the other apprentices Swiftpaw made a plan to become warriors by finding out what was living at Snakerocks, which only Brightpaw would join.
- It turned out that a vicious pack of dogs where living there.
- First, there was only one visible dog, then the rest came out.
- Brightpaw saw Swiftpaw fighting like LionClan. Then, he climbed a tree but she saw a dog grab him and pull him to the ground. He was killed by the dogs.
- Brightpaw was then slammed against a rock and everything went dark.
- She awoke three moon-rises later in Cinderpelt's den.
- Cinderpelt had heard her calling pack, pack, kill, kill in her dreams.
- Brightpaw couldn't see anything on one side. She had lost an eye and an ear.
- Bluestar gave Brightpaw her warrior name, Lostface, on Cloudtail's request for her to have her name.
- Bluestar used her name to show that StarClan no longer cared about ThunderClan.
- She moved to the elder's den for a while.
- After losing an eye she needed special training to become a warrior again, which Cloudtail was willing to give to her.
- Brightheart gives birth to Whitekit who later gains the warrior name, Whitewing.
- She later gives birth to Amberkit, Snowkit, and Dewkit.
- Brightheart's mother is Frostfur.
- Brightheart's father is Unknown.
- Brightheart's sister is Cinderpelt.
- Brightheart's brother's are Thornclaw and Brackenfur.
- She was once accidentally mistaken for Briarlight.
- It was mentioned that she rolled her eyes, despite only having one.
- She was accidentally called white with tortoiseshell patches instead of white with ginger patches.
- She was shown as flecked cat, instead as patched.
- She was shown with amber eyes.
- She was shown as a solid color grayscale cat in Yellowfang's Secret.